The difference in time on Cyprus is 1 hour earlier than in Moscow. Please don’t forget to check your watches.
The official language of Cyprus is Greek, also English is widely spoken.
Currency of Cyprus is Euro.
Banks work every day, excepting Saturday and Sunday, from 08:30 till 13:00.
Shops work every day, except Sunday, from May till September: 08:00- 13:00 and 16:00- 19:00; from October till April: 08:00- 13:00 and 14:30- 18:30. On Wednesday and Saturday shops work till 14:00.
It is not recommended to drink water from the tap. You can buy table water in any supermarket.
Medical services on Cyprus are for extra charge. If you have your medical insurance, directly call the numbers which are written in your insurance. In this case expenses will be hold by you insurance company according to your insurance contract.
As you wish you can leave tips for taxi drivers, waiters, porters, chambermaids and at restaurants.
Souvenirs from Cyprus.
From Cyprus you can bring potter’s masterpieces in each village they have own style in modeling and painting. Also very popular beautiful embroidery “lefkaritika” from a village Lefkara, lace and filigree silver handmade. And of course you can bring from Cyprus nice local goat or sheep cheese, very high quality olive oil and local sweets.
Rules of hotels and apartments.
· Check in according to worldwide rules is at 14:00. Check out is at 12:00. If you want to extend your room at the day of departure, you should contact the reception of hotel beforehand. And if they have opportunity they will extend your room for extra charge. For guests who check out at 12:00 there is free cloakroom.
· Usually, Breakfast is from 07:00 till 10:00; Lunch is from 12:30 till 14:30; Dinner is from 19:00- 22:00. Schedule of meals you can find near the restaurant of your hotel. Tourists who have Half Board having meal 2 times- Breakfast and Dinner or Breakfast and Lunch.
· Your current bill at the hotel can be paid any time at reception of you hotel.
· You will need an adaptor for your electronic stuff, so you can rent it on reception leaving deposit 2-3 Euro. The voltage is 240 volt.
· Extra payable services at hotels are usually next: safe, mini- bar, telephone calls, chargeable TV channels and game console, sauna and steam room, SPA treatment, drinks on Lunch and Dinner (excepting All Inclusive conditions ), laundry service, babysitter. Whole list of extra service you can find on reception of your hotel.
· Dress code: visiting Dinner for men in shorts or sports suits is limited.
· Beaches on Cyprus are municipal. Day rent for umbrella is 2.5 Euro and sun bed is 2.5 Euro (excepting hotel beaches).